[Air-l] Indymedia Alert!!!!

Lee Salter salterl at edgehill.ac.uk
Wed Oct 13 09:27:36 PDT 2004

I am guessing that some of you have heard about the shutting down of
Indymedia in the UK by the FBI? If not, here is the link to the story. I
know the AoIR is not "political", but I think this has severe
consequences for the sort of freedom and democracy that I expect most
AoIR members and researchers believe is important and facilitated by the
Internet. Please take note.
http://uk.indymedia.org/en/2004/10/298741.html

Lee Salter
Lecturer in Media, Communications & Journalism
Edge Hill College,
St Helen's Road
Ormskirk,
Lancashire
L39 4QP
Email: salterl at edgehill.ac.uk
Tel: 01695 584374
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill or associated companies.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete it and all copies of it.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to identify Spam and viruses otherwise Edge Hill do not actively monitor content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Edge Hill to access business communications during staff absence.

Edge Hill has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Edge Hill for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
<<<<EdgeHill>>>>