[Air-l] access to papers online

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Fri Oct 15 07:40:38 PDT 2004

>Nancy Baym wrote:
>
>>Paid AoIR members have been able to access all of the papers that
>>authors have sent us that were presented at the AoIR conferences
>>via the members section of the website since 2000. That's text --
>>lots and lots of text direct from the conferences to you for a
>>modest membership fee (adjusted downward for students and residents
>>of non-OECD countries).
>
>What about papers from the conference that just took place?  Are
>those papers online yet?  How can they be accessed by people who
>attended the conference but are not AoIR members?

These papers are not yet online as no one has volunteered to get them
there yet and Jeremy who will do it is swamped with other
responsibilities right now. They will be up there when the remodeled
member site is ready.

The archives are only available to AoIR members. Access to the
archives is a benefit of membership, not a component of conference
registration. For information on becoming a member, visit the URL at
the very end of this message. We realize that people who attend a
conference but are not members are sometimes disgruntled with this.
However, the archives include all five conferences we have had, not
just the most recent one, and the membership fees are low and include
a variety of discounts on journal subscriptions and books as well as
archive access.

Nancy

--
Nancy Baym	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Communication Studies, University of Kansas