[Air-l] Residential mobility and technology use

Irina Shklovski irinas+ at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 18 06:48:50 PDT 2004

Hello,

I am a graduate student in HCI at Carnegie Mellon University and am
starting my dissertation on the topic of residential mobility as a natural
experiment on the health of social ties (how people use/don't use
technology for keeping in touch and creating new relationships and whether
they are successful). I am specifically interested in migration within
country, not international migration. I was wondering if anyone knows of
any similar work (quantitative or qualitative). Also, I am curious if
anyone knows of any ethnographies of the process of contemporary
residential mobility within countries.

Thank you!!

Irina Shklovski
Graduate Researcher
Human Computer Interaction Institute
Carnegie Mellon University

irinas at cs.cmu.edu
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~irinas
http://miswritings.blogspot.com

"To create means to live,
	forever creating newer and newer things."
		-- Kazimir Malevich, 1915