[Air-l] students, activism, the day before the US election, and a web cam

riggsk at ohio.edu riggsk at ohio.edu
Sun Oct 31 07:16:21 PST 2004

Hi, David,

Your activist communications certainly have been a positive force for the list this year. I think we
are all feeling nervous with only two more days to go before the big day. At our own campus,
some of us have been signing up students to vote and following that up with encouragement but
nothing on the scale of this approach. Tomorrow will be an opportunity for all of us.

The reason I'm writing, though, is to check on whether you might have assigned reviews of my
book, Granny at Work. I know that Matt Byrnie said he sent copies. I'm wondering because I'm
putting together my case for full professor and am leaving no stone unturned.  It's quick to expect
reviews, I know, but I did receive an advance copy from Leslie for the Can. JOC and wondered if
you might have collected anything as well.

Thanks for your trouble,

Karen Riggs

Karen E. Riggs
Director, School of Telecommunications