[Air-l] Hungarian and others

Mark Warschauer markw at uci.edu
Tue Oct 5 09:56:54 PDT 2004

Here's the paper I was looking for.  Based on data collected in 2002,
the authors estimate that 72% of public Web pages are in English (a
percent that is, according to the authors, unchanged since 1999).
Unfortunately, they only report on the most frequent 12 languages,
and Basque is not included.

People can judge for themselves the methodology.  The article is
publicly available at:
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/april03/lavoie/04lavoie.html
Mark