[Air-l] Protection against unethical practices in search engineoptimization?

Carmen Mardiros bluecorrnet at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 08:29:13 PDT 2004

> consider that the only reason (as far as I know) to hire a search engine
> optimization company is to have your business's actual importance
> misrepresented to the users of services like google.

I'd hate to think what you think of advertising, direct mail and mail order
agencies, then. Spamming search engines is the dark side of SEO. Some of the
effects of proper SEO are to increase usability, make sure all the content
is properly indexed, that visitors get what they come for. Search engines
reward good sites (by good I mean in terms of content, usability,
fulfillment, etc). This is what long term search engine strategies are based
on.