[Air-l] Protection against unethical practices in searchengineoptimization?

elijah wright elw at stderr.org
Thu Oct 7 09:41:12 PDT 2004

>> they're crooks, nuisances, and annoyances.  :)
>> i assume that next you are going to suggest that spammers are just
>> hardworking legitimate businessmen.
>
> You're labeling me without right to appeal. Just because I work in search
> engine optimisation doesn't mean I spam and/or support spamming. Your mind
> is obviously set and I'm not going to get involved in a ALL SEO = spam
> debate which would interest nobody on this list. Please email privately if
> you wish to do so.

you're free to explain how (and why) SE optimization isn't a bit of
crookery or algorithmic deception - and, in fact, i'd strongly prefer that
you do so on the list rather than taking it to private email.  [which
actually makes you look, rhetorically, as if you don't have a set of valid
defenses, rather than making you look more 'polite'.]

a number of folks on the list might find your explanation useful and
instructive.

--elijah