[Air-l] Educ. CMC & Sensitive topics

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 2 18:58:13 PDT 2004

Since you mentioned my name :-)  ... I will draw your attention to another
paper that is actually about sensitive topics, although not specifically
about CMC. The paper was about how a group discussing sensitive topics came
to generate knowledge about how to discuss sensitive issues. The title is
more KM oriented, but the main case was about sensitive issues. Another
paper on the topic that you should find usefule is the one below by Linda
Flowers -- education, but again, not CMC.  /Caroline

Haythornthwaite, C., Lunsford, K.J., Kazmer, M.M., Robins, J. & Nazarova, M.
(2003). The generative dance in pursuit of generative knowledge. Proceedings
of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. Los
Alamitos, CA: IEEE Computer Society.

Flowers, L. (2003). Talking across difference: Intercultural rhetoric and
the search for situated knowledge. College Composition and Communication,
55(1), 38-68.

-------
Caroline Haythornthwaite