[Air-l] PCs were invented in 1968

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Sep 11 12:26:23 PDT 2004

Yup, that's what a student in my first class (Tech & Society) told me. I
forget if it was by John, Paul, Ringo or George.

The comment made me realize that I should include in the syllabus a potted
article on the history of computing, from Einiac to Pentiums and wireless.

Does anyone know of any?
And I will also include my personal 40 years of computing. (Which is both
on my website, and at www.digibarn.com -- Bruce Damer's wonderful computer
museum near Santa Cruz, Calif.

 Barry