[Air-l] new ! * The AoIR Journal *

Mary Bryson mary.bryson at ubc.ca
Sun Sep 12 14:27:04 PDT 2004

On 9/12/04 9:01 AM, "Ted M Coopman" <coopman at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I know that getting an online journal up and running involves a tremendous
> amount of work and frustration and should only be undertaken with a firm grasp
> of what it entails.

My UBC colleague, John Willinsky, has created Open Journal Systems -
software that supports open source online journal management and publishing
- and last I checked, it was free <no wonder Bush is so suspicious of
everything coming out of Canada>. It has been vetted and found worthy by
large organizations like the American Educational Research Association, and
small development efforts.
Worth a look, I should think.

http://pkp.ubc.ca/ojs/

Mary
--
When the circuit learns your job, what are you going to do?
Marshall McLuhan