[Air-l] Each Dane sends 102 SMS messages per month

Charlie Breindahl hitch at hum.ku.dk
Tue Sep 28 12:51:00 PDT 2004

Numbers are from the Danish National IT and Telecom Agency,
http://www.itst.dk/wimpdoc.asp?page=tema&objno=95024114. The documents are
in Danish, I'm afraid. You might send them an email and ask for more
information.

Danish Computerworld ran a story today where they quote the numbers I
relayed to the list:
http://www.computerworld.dk/default.asp?Mode=2&ArticleID=25345 - also in
Danish. Computerworld also refers to a German report, which puts the Danes
ahead of all other European nations in their use of SMS messaging (no
reference).

In Computerworld, the head of a Danish cell phone company is quoted as
saying that his company has had great succes with a cell phone subscription
with unlimited SMS. He got the idea for this subscription when he found out
that his son sent 1,600 SMS messages per month. Most likely typed with the
thumbs...

I am stunned with the SMS numbers from Asia. Any ideas why the difference is
so big?

Best,
Charlie