[Air-l] new ! * The AoIR Journal *

Monica Murero monica.murero at unifi.it
Sun Sep 12 03:38:31 PDT 2004

Since early in AoIR's short life, there have been questions
about when, how, and whether we should launch a
journal of our own. AoIR does not have a journal of its
own. Most professional associations publish one or more journals.

Since May 2004 an online working group composed by
AoIR members has discussed thoughtful considerations of the issues
upon which the AoIR executive committee will base a decision.
Specifically, the group has:

1) identified existing journals that publish internet research;
2) Identified the possibilities for AoIR;
3) For each possibility the group has identified the advantages
and disadvantages.

In Sussex we will talk more about the "AoIR journal":
- Sunday after lunch @ the BoF session
- On Monday afternoon, during the AoIR General Meeting.

You are invited to participate to the discussion
of this very important opportunity for the future of AoIR.

See you soon  !

Monica

Prof.  Monica Murero, PhD
Director,  E-Life International Institute
Professor in Communication and Media Integration

University of Florence MICC - Center of Excellence
for Media Integration and Communication
RAI Sede Regionale Toscana (III p.) Largo A. De Gasperi, 1 50136  Firenze  (Italy)
Tel. + 390 55 666 445
Fax + 390 55 666 465

E-mail: monica.murero at unifi.it

International Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
AoIR Executive Board - First Appointed Seat
http://www.captaindoc.com/interviews/interviews12.html