[Air-l] Request for Information: Call for Articles on "order"

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Tue Sep 14 01:16:27 PDT 2004

G'day !

Kirk St. Amant wrote:
> I thought I had recently seen a call for short articles on
> the subject of "order" or systems of order being created as a
> result of online media use.  I also believe the related
> online journal/publication was based in Australia.  Has
> anyone else seen this call?  If so, could you please respond
> to me directly at kirk.st-amant at ttu.edu and point me in the
> right direction?

That's right - Liz Ferrier and I are editing an M/C Journal
(www.media-culture.org.au) issue on 'order'. Article submissions are still
open - and we're happy to receive article on both online and offline media
and their relation to the creation, maintenance, or challenging of 'order'.
You'll note that the target date for the issue is close to the US
Presidential election, too, so any articles providing a timely assessment of
the connection of the media to the election or the dominant themes of GWB's
first term are particularly welcome. Please, no blatantly political rants,
though...

--
Dr Axel Bruns                 a.bruns at qut.edu.au - http://snurb.info/
Media & Communication    Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove, Qld. 4059, Australia