[Air-l] new ! * The AoIR Journal *

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Sun Sep 12 09:01:26 PDT 2004

I'm happy to see that this is moving forward and applaud the steady deliberation on this subject.

Having been a book review editor for the American Communication Journal (ACJ) and later having my spouse, Stephanie, serve as co-editor of ACJ with Norm Clark, I know that getting an online journal up and running involves a tremendous amount of work and frustration and should only be undertaken with a firm grasp of what it entails.

I look forward to the discussion at AOIR and encourage my fellow members to start thinking of what they could do to help support such a journal.

BTW, I attended a gathering yesterday at my small local library as part of the September Project. We had an excellent discussion on racism in the aftermath of 9-11. I was happy that it was not just "the usual suspects."

Did anyone else out there attend a September Project event? How did it go?

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication
University of Washington