AW: [Air-l] Unit of analysis

Steffen Büffel bueffel at uni-trier.de
Thu Apr 7 03:26:52 PDT 2005

I am currently delaing with the same problem and found the already mentioned
references to Howard | Schneider & Foot very helpful.

You may also habe a look at:

Hyperlink Analyses of the World Wide Web: A Review at
http://www.ascusc.org/jcmc/vol8/issue4/park.html

Chrstine Hine in her Virtual Ethnogrophy book (2000) also deals with the
problem when she argues for a partial ethnography.

Susan Herring in her "Coputer-mediated discourse analysis" article touches
also on sampling procedures. http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~herring/cmda.html

These are all different approches but they all basically try to solve the
same  kind of problem

Hope this helps.
Steffen
wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter