[Air-l] Digital Video Recordings

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Thu Apr 14 14:26:09 PDT 2005

I use a Sony usually - but that is comparatively expensive (there
might be cheaper models) and you dont need that much complexity for
basic recording - our student tech center provides students with the
canons and they use those when doing projects for my classes and I
agree with Jeremy  - they do quite well. Imovie is the easiest for
simple editing and has a low learning curve for quicky projects. But
Final Cut Express isnt so bad either - that's a little more complex.
Depends on what level of complexity you require in your final product.

Panasonic has  (mini dv)  cameras for even less (280, 360 ish) than
the price of the canon optura line - but since I have tried that only
a couple times I cant say how good it is yet - seems functional -
again depends ....