[Air-l] blogs and value

Justine Humphry justine.humphry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:54:13 PDT 2005

Hi Tamara,

My own blogging practice and motives are much more akin with yours
Tamara. I think that one of the advantages of imagining that there
"might" be a readership but not being entirely concerned if there is
one or not, can help to formulate your thinking as a process in
itself. I used to use a technique in journalling where I imagined
myself writing for someone and had an image in mind of who that person
was. I think this is one of the playful aspects of blogging and
writing in general. With blogs this is particularly powerful since it
blurs the line between imagined community and existing community. The
idea that it is a solitary and self-reflective exercise and that it
also published and may interest others and be read by others is not
mutually exclusive.

Cheers,
Justine