[Air-l] Open source education & New Journalism

meiwu at umac.mo meiwu at umac.mo
Thu Apr 14 04:00:24 PDT 2005

excellent project!

Wu Mei, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
Faculty of Social Sciences & Humanities
University of Macau
Taipa, Macau
Tel: (853) 3974243 (O)
Fax: (853) 838312
E-Mail: meiwu at umac.mo

"Niels Hendriks" <niels.hendriks at mda.khlim.be>
Sent by: air-l-aoir.org-bounces at listserv.aoir.org
14/04/2005 04:43 PM
Please respond to
air-l at listserv.aoir.org

<air-l-aoir.org at listserv.aoir.org>
cc

Subject
[Air-l] Open source education & New Journalism

Dear AoIRers,

A colleague and I recently started teaching in a course called "Content is
King". Our focus lies on the effects of the digital revolution on the
future
of on line publishing and on line journalism. Together with our students
we
are starting up a small experiment on open source-education. The outlines
of
the course can be found on a Wiki-page which, of course, can be edited by
anyone.

Topics dealt with:
I. Tools & History
II. "Gatekeepers no more"
III. From conversation to construction
IV. "We the media"
V. Trust - credibility - objectivity - ethics
VI. Power to the people

You can find the wiki-page on
http://cmdstud.khlim.be/~niels/newjournalism/
.

I have two questions for you:
- what is your experience with "open source"-experiments?
- As we want to tap into your knowledge and/or experience: can you provide
new articles which deepen or broaden the scope of the topics? Maybe you
can
point us towards a still uncovered domain?

Thanks in advance,

Niels Hendriks
www.c-md.be  / niels.hendriks at mda.khlim.be
Design & Media Academy, Katholieke Hogeschool Limburg
Tel. +32(0)476 24 29 45/ Fax. +32(0)89 30 08 59