[Air-l] RE: Open source education & New Journalism

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Thu Apr 14 17:04:35 PDT 2005

G'day !

Niels Hendriks wrote:

> A colleague and I recently started teaching in a course
> called "Content is
> King". Our focus lies on the effects of the digital
> revolution on the future
> of on line publishing and on line journalism. Together with
> our students we
> are starting up a small experiment on open source-education.
> The outlines of
> the course can be found on a Wiki-page which, of course, can
> be edited by
> anyone.
>
> Topics dealt with:
> I. Tools & History
> II. "Gatekeepers no more"
> III. From conversation to construction
> IV. "We the media"
> V. Trust - credibility - objectivity - ethics
> VI. Power to the people

At the risk of being accused of shameless self-promotion, this seems very
compatible with my book Gatewatching: Collaborative Online News Production,
which is going to the printers in a few weeks. I have some information
online about it at http://snurb.info/index.php?q=node/28; the Amazon.com
page for it is at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0820474320 (but is
still virtually empty).

--
Dr Axel Bruns                 a.bruns at qut.edu.au - http://snurb.info/
Media & Communication    Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove, Qld. 4059, Australia