[Air-l] uk election 2005

Dominic Pinto zorro at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 22 04:38:38 PDT 2005

--- Wainer Lusoli <w.lusoli at lse.ac.uk> wrote:
> Bill:
>
> Much appreciated, no surprise the OII is at the
> forefront.
>
> [On the lighter note suggested
> (http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/): I
> ended up a Trot, which is accurate but how on earth
> did they guess ;) I
> also received a call from the local Labour party,
> the following day, who
> wanted to shepherd me back to the flock; whether it
> is a coincidence, I
> leave it for you to decide ]

I've had no cold calls yet, and so far 2 leaflet drops
(both from the local Tories) in Central London.

The whoshouldyouvotefor site offered me the LibDems,
as they 'take a strong stand against tax cuts and a
strong one in favour of public services: they would
make long-term residential care for the elderly free
across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They
are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places,
but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to
change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather
than ownership.'

So far this campaign has hardly come alive!

Dominic Pinto
e-m dominic.pinto at ieee.org
M: +44 780 302-8268
Ph/Fax: +44 207 379-8341