[Air-l] uk election 2005

Wright, Ashley A.H.Wright at tees.ac.uk
Sat Apr 23 16:46:27 PDT 2005

Hello AIR list.

Some of you may be interested in the following, http://www.e-dem.org.uk/

This site goes live in the UK on Monday morning 25th April.

The Teesonline e-mock elections are hosted by the Community Informatics Research and Applications Unit (CIRA) based at the University of Teesside.

It is a non-partisan web-based virtual constituency with space for the main political parties to post their policies, interact with an electorate of young people and compete in an e-election. The constituency covers the Tees Valley and its North Yorkshire and Durham hinterland.

The young people will decide the different areas that they want to discuss and a number of representatives from the three major parties will be meeting the young people online to answer their questions and listen to their concerns.

The young people will be invited to vote for their party of choice on a daily basis with the final 'winning' vote taking place on Friday, 29th April. The final results will be posted on the site on 29th April.

The guest log in is:

name: edemguest

password: guest

It promises to be an interesting week.