[Air-l] modest correction in CFP for e-games

Charles Ess cmess at drury.edu
Tue Apr 26 15:29:10 PDT 2005

Charlie Breindahl has helpfully caught and pointed out a bothersome problem
in the CFP for a special issue on e-games recently posted to this list,
namely, in the sentence:

For example, are concerns with illicit sexuality in games primarily only an
issue for U.S. (puritanical) parents, while European parents are more
concerned about violence, while parents in Asian countries are concerned
about Š?

The "Š" is an interesting and suggestive machine "translation" of "..." in
the original file.
The point was to simply ask, what do parents in Asian countries worry about
with regard to their children playing e-games (if anything) -
not to assert that they worry about Š.

And what might "Š" mean?  I'm sure it means something - but my mind boggles
at the possibilities.

Suggestions welcome - and apologies for the problem and any confusion it may
have caused.  And thanks to Charlie for taking the time to point this out.

cheers,
the other charlie

aka
Charles Ess

Distinguished Research Professor, Interdisciplinary Studies
Drury University
900 N. Benton Ave.              Voice: 417-873-7230
Springfield, MO  65802  USA       FAX: 417-873-7435

Home page:  http://www.drury.edu/ess/ess.html
Co-chair, CATaC: http://www.it.murdoch.edu.au/catac/

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23