[Air-l] RE: Habbo Hotel

Axel Bruns a.bruns at qut.edu.au
Tue Apr 26 16:36:15 PDT 2005

G'day !

Deanya Lattimore wrote:

> has anyone done any research on the habbo.com phenomenon or others like
> it?  It is a "safe site" for kids 13-18 years old where they create
> avatar characters and rooms for them, play games and chat.

We published an article about Habbo Hotel in the 'order' issue of M/C
Journal recently - http://journal.media-culture.org.au/0501/index.php. The
author, Mark McGuire, might have some additional information about research
relating to Habbo...

--
Dr Axel Bruns                 a.bruns at qut.edu.au - http://snurb.info/
Media & Communication    Musk Ave, Kelvin Grove, Qld. 4059, Australia