[Air-l] blogs and value

Van-Couvering,EJ (pgr) E.J.Van-Couvering at lse.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 07:27:48 PDT 2005

Sure, I use FreeMind and (previously) MindManager quite a bit.

One way I use them is for literature reviews - to keep track of major subjects and articles.  See http://groupblog.workasone.net/archives/2004/12/literature-searching-and-maps/

Another is to organise my thinking around particular topics - but normally only at an early stage.

I got started into mindmaps by reading Tony Buzan's original book on the subject, called Use Your Head -- he's written many since but to my mind this one is still the most interesting.   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0563208112/qid=1114698278/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/002-1328857-3177655?v=glance&s=books&n=507846.  The reviewers for Amazon, I note, hate it.  It bears more looking into, but I have found it useful.

Freemind is a good and free program.  So I like that.  Haven't used or heard of ZigZag before.

Elizabeth