[Air-l] SWG and user rebellion

John White, PhD john.white at wku.edu
Thu Apr 28 22:31:38 PDT 2005

I'm not certain if anyone is aware of this but it occured to me an
interesting case study is happening with the MMPORG Star Wars Galaxies.
   A significant change to the game was released yesterday/today and is
the subject of alot of discussion on the forums sponsored by Sony Online
that support the game.

Petitions have been started, canceled accounts, etc.  Anyway, I thought
it was an interesting event and thought someone might be interested in
it from several possible angles, including social networks online, PR,
and a few other orientations.

Forums for the game can be found at:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/

No account required to view.

JW

John B. White, Ph.D.                |              john.white at wku.edu
Dept. of Public Health - WKU        |            Office: 270.745.5867
1 Big Red Way                       |               Fax: 270.745.4437
Bowling Green, KY 42101-3576        |     http://www.wku.edu/~whitejb