[Air-l] universal ethics?

Peter T. ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 5 03:00:17 PDT 2005

Hi all, I have had time to read the replies and thanks for brushing up my
ethics and legal studies with your comments.

My point needs explaining. I chat at yahoo. Recently more chatters are from
Pakistan. Sometimes people do not tolerate them based on their foreign
origin. I started chatting with one particular person. He always bless's me.
I assume in his culture which I know very little about this is a norm much
like we in Canada might ask "how's it going?" or "how are you today?" as a
conversational norm. Just a little detail.

I should not have put my question as universal ethics (blame my past
computer ethics course with Diane Dubrule) but rather intercultural
exploration.

There are still so many people to meet on the Internet. Unicode and XML as
Larry Wall suggests will make it even easier to talk with others. What was
once an unrealistic  hope of cross culturalism via Internet is I think
becoming easier to access and more realistic. Mostly because more of the
world in "other" places is getting on-line now. Lucky for me they know a
little English. ;)

Peter Timusk B.Math Just trying to stay linear
www.crystalcomputing.net >blog> http://logbook.crystalcomputing.net
www.webpagex.org >blog> http://notebook.webpagex.org
eof