[Air-l] IR conference reviewing complete

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:16:28 PDT 2005

We have completed the review of the paper for the IR 6.0
conference. If you have submitted a paper, panel, roundtable
or workshop, you should have received an email by now with an
acceptance or rejection.

We received around 325 single paper submissions of which we
have accepted approximately 220 papers. In addition we have
accepted 17 multi-paper panels, 7 roundtables, and 6 workshops
(half and full-day).

Acceptances were based on the reviews submitted by the team of
reviewers -- thanks all for a job well done!

We determined acceptance by sorting the papers by the
recommendations given by reviewers. Recommendations were
"Accept", "Probably Accept", "Probably Reject", "Reject". We
sorted the papers to determine a top set with an automatic
acceptance, and a comparable set with an unequivocal
rejection. This left, of course, a set with mixed reviews. We
made our way through the middle range reviewing papers and
reviews of the papers to make final decisions. In general, of
papers accepted, the recommendations toward acceptance will
have outweighed those toward rejection.

Now, the task of organizing who talks when! Looking forward to
seeing lots of you at the conference in October. We will be
working on the program organization, and will keep you posted
on our progress.

/Caroline Haythornthwaite
Program Chair IR 6.0