[Air-l] Digital Video Recordings

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Apr 14 14:05:31 PDT 2005

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you referencing a stand-alone
recorder versus a camcorder? If so a computer with Premiere or FinalCut
Pro would work - as well as the simpler editing tools - you can capture
directly to the disk. You can also use an external hard-drive; they're
rather cheap at the moment.

If you're talking about camcorders, that's another issue. You might want
to look at the ones recording mini-dvds, since they're ready for playback
and editing on a computer. In any case I'd recommend the inexpensive Sonys
or Canons - you can find something quite useful for under, say, $700.

Or are you talking about recording directly from the screen? In which case
I'd like to know as well; the few screen recording software programs I've
seen have been clumsy.

- Alan

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Alison Muirhead wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We're thinking of using a digital video recorder to capture some group elearning sessions as part of an analysis on learners experiences.
>
> Has anyone had any experiences of relatively inexpensive digital video recorders?
>
> Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome!
>
> Thanks,
> Alison Muirhead

http://www.asondheim.org/
nettext http://biblioteknett.no/alias/HJEMMESIDE/bjornmag/nettext/
WVU 2004 projects: http://www.as.wvu.edu/clcold/sondheim/
http://www.as.wvu.edu:8000/clc/Members/sondheim
Trace projects http://trace.ntu.ac.uk/writers/sondheim/index.htm

Sampler CD or DVD available; books available (available online):

Vel (Blazevox)
The Wayward (Vox)
Sophia (Writers Forum)
.echo (Alt-X)