[Air-l] Re: Articles and Books on Interviewing

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 06:27:51 PDT 2005

thanks for the kind remark about my book!  I would also recommend:

1.  James Spradley, who wrote a book called, I think, "Ethnographic
Interviewing."  Excellent in helping to develop question types.

2.  Me (Markham), who writes a chapter in Clive Seale's (et al) recent
edited volume on qualitative research practice (Sage).  I focus on
challenges and ethics of online interviewing.  Chapter draft is here:
http://faculty.uvi.edu/users/amarkha/writing/Seale.htm

3.  The edited volume "Inside Interviewing" by Gubrium and Holstein (Sage).

Cheers,

Annette

On 4/12/05, Kathy Mancuso <kmancuso at gmail.com> wrote:
> *Learning How To Ask: The Art of the Interview (Charles Briggs) -- I
> recently learned from the author that he is either finishing or just
> finished a second edition.
>
> *Annette Markham.  Life Online.  Both a methods book and an
> ethnography, and for my money one of the best out there in both
> categories for online researchers.
>
> poke me by email and i'll send you more tonight . . .
>
> --
> "Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi . . .
> But they who love the greater love
> Lay down their life; they do not hate.
> . . . Dona eis requiem.  Dona nobis pacem."
>
> Intrigued? USC does Britten's War Requiem
> April 19, 7:30, Koger Center, http://tinyurl.com/4yo2w
>
> Websites for my projects:
> Anthropologists and labor unions allied: http://AAAUnite.blogspot.com
> Orphan Films (22-26 March 2006, CFP): http://www.sc.edu/filmsymposium