[Air-l] Re: Studies looking at university email policies?

Marcelo Vieta vieta at yorku.ca
Sat Apr 16 16:17:47 PDT 2005

Hello, all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any studies, articles, chapters, or
books that look at official university email policies and their
implications for students, sessionals, and faculty with respect to
academic freedom and/or university governance.  There's much literature
on corporate email policies and usage (including studies and articles
that look at the issues of using email to manage employees and surveil
employees) but I've yet to locate any independent studies that discuss
the implications of official university email policies for "employees"
such as faculty and teaching assistants as well as for university
students.

I would welcome any direction on this.

Thank you in advance.

Marcelo A. Vieta, BA First Class Honours Communication, MA Communication
PhD Candidate in Social and Political Thought, York University
Research Interests :: The technological predicament and the self

p:: +1.416.940.0340 | e:: vieta at yorku.ca | w:: www.sfu.ca/~mavieta

"The body is our general medium for having a world.
...[O]ur senses question things...and things reply to them."
            ~Merleau-Ponty, _The Phenomenology of Perception_