[Air-l] (no subject)

Jennifer Martin jenn80 at yorku.ca
Sun Apr 17 12:33:39 PDT 2005

Hello all,

Given my problems finding relevant sources, I'm wondering if anyone
might know of any accounts (personal or academic) of individuals who
have experienced a revelation about their offline lives from online
interaction, and especially online gaming. There's a fair number of
examples Sherry Turkle's work, but I'm interested in some other sources
to work with alongside it.  Specifically, I'm interested in accounts of
online or virtual interaction that have somehow illuminated offline
life and created some kind of conscious experience of a previously
unregarded behaviour, relationship, or action.  I'd greatly appreciate
any sources (studies, websites, journals, books, blogs) that might be
on offer.

Thanks kindly in advance.

Jenn Martin

Masters Candidate