[Air-l] social networking and habbo dot com

Deanya Lattimore mdlattim at syr.edu
Tue Apr 26 07:25:53 PDT 2005

has anyone done any research on the habbo.com phenomenon or others like
it?  It is a "safe site" for kids 13-18 years old where they create
avatar characters and rooms for them, play games and chat.

If anyone has information about other sites like this (I'm currently
looking into yub.com) or any information about articles on social
networking that take place in these kinds of spaces, I would love to
hear it.

I could probably also use references that survey children's computer
use and studies of gendered behavior online.

thank you all so much for this great list.

Deanya Lattimore
ABD Syracuse, Composition & Cultural Rhetoric
http://www.deanya.com/