[Air-l] Citation Style Query (Threaded Discussion Groups)

Douglas Eyman eymand at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 10 18:37:15 PDT 2005

The Columbia Guide to Online Style has a good online reference page on
citing a wide variety of online works:
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/cgos/idx_basic.html

I particularly like that they don't use angle brackets, which, in my
opinion, were rather arbitrarily adopted by style guides such as MLA and APA
without thinking through the implications for how these elements are handled
by word processors or in web documents (that is, their style guides are for
print publications, and are rather myopic when it comes to imagining that
scholarly work might actually be published electronically).

Douglas Eyman
eymand at earthlink.net