[Air-l] Listserv on Ideologies of War and Terror

Orion Anderson libraryofsocialscience at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 02:32:37 PDT 2005

IDEOLOGIES OF WAR AND TERROR: Join the Listserv
Send an e-mail to:
oanderson at ideologiesofwar.com

Acts of war and terror-forms of behavior-are generated by beliefs and
ideologies. What logic contained within an ideology can dictate a
willingness to die and kill? How do ideologies function to allow desires and
fantasies of group members to become articulated as dimensions of society?
What are the psychological sources of our attraction to ideologies and how
may we account for the passion with which they are embraced?

Individual acts of violence are considered "criminal." Acts of violence
committed by societal groups-nations and civilizations-on the other hand,
often are glorified and imbued with a sense of goodness. What transformative
power of ideologies converts murderous acts into forms of virtue?

This listserv invites scholars and thinkers to explore these issues in a
spirit of serious, dispassionate inquiry. To join the listserv, please
contact Orion Anderson at oanderson at ideologiesofwar.com

To join the listserv, IDEOLOGIES OF WAR AND TERROR
Send an e-mail to Orion Anderson at o <mailto:oanderson at ideologiesofwar.com>
anderson at ideologiesofwar.com

  _____

E-mail: oanderson at ideologiesofwar.com