[Air-l] Postal mail and e-mail

Steve Jones sjones at uic.edu
Sun Aug 7 12:35:21 PDT 2005

In addition to what others have suggested, I'd also recommend the work
of my UIC colleague Richard John, particularly his book Spreading the
News: The American Postal System from Franklin to Morse. While it
doesn't directly address the "email vs. postal mail" matter, it is a
remarkably insightful history of the U.S. postal service from the
perspective of a media historian, and I think it can provide much
material for you concerning the evolution of postal mail, its use and
attitudes toward it.

His cv with an extensive list of publications is online at
http://www.uic.edu/depts/hist/Faculty/john.html

Sj