[Air-l] making gender complicated on Friendster

Katherine Mancuso katherine.mancuso at emory.edu
Mon Dec 12 12:21:47 PST 2005

there has been a community to do this on LiveJournal (of which I am a
member) for a long time called <lj user=gender_petition>.  I'm REALLY
surprised it hasn't happened yet, but my view may be skewed based on
my own friends list.  Gender Petition members display the gender
petition blogsticker on their userinfo pages and abstain from
selecting a gender.

--kathy

--
Katherine Mancuso, PhD student
Graduate Institute of the Liberal Arts
katherine.mancuso at emory.edu

AAA 2005 Media/Technology sessions: http://wiki.oxus.net/wiki/AAA2005
Anthropologists and labor unions allied: http://AAAUnite.blogspot.com
Orphans V: Science, Industry, Education: http://www.sc.edu/filmsymposium
Social software linkage: http://del.icio.us/museumfreak
My weblog: http://museumfreak.livejournal.com

"My life is not a quota or an action to affirm an idea of equality.
My life is my life." ~Jamaica Kincaid
"she's nothing more than fiction / she dreams in digital / compose
your dreams / and don't be afraid to expose yourself." ~Orgy