[Air-l] Research Request: Philosophy of Design -- Full-text articles also welcome

Ken Friedman ken.friedman at bi.no
Thu Dec 1 10:31:02 PST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

This is a research request for articles and books on philosophy of
design. This revises an earlier call.

I seek citations, references, and descriptions of articles and books
in which philosophers discuss issues that can be applied to design
process as well as articles and books in which designers and design
researchers discuss or develop a philosophy of design.

Propositions and heuristic probes are welcome, along with references
to full-formed or comprehensive philosophies.

IMPORTANT REVISION: Several authors have been kind enough to send
full articles or conference papers. If you have articles or papers
you are willing to share, I will welcome them and I will include them
in the compilation.

Please send contributions, suggestions, and comments to:

<ken.friedman at bi.no>

with the words

Philosophy of Design

in the Subject: header

I will compile all contributions and post them to the list. I will
also prepare the compilation as a small anthology in .PDF format. The
anthology will include full-text articles for which permission to
include has been granted. The author of each contribution will retain
the copyright to his or her contribution.

Thank you.

--

Ken Friedman
Professor of Leadership and Strategic Design

Design Research Center
Denmark's Design School

email: ken.friedman at bi.no