[Air-l] heterotopias and the internet?

Julie Cohen jec at law.georgetown.edu
Fri Dec 16 06:54:15 PST 2005

At the annual meeting in Chicago, I presented a paper titled "Cyberspace
as/and Space," which examines the debate within legal theory about the
"cyberspace" metaphor.  Among other things, the paper considers the ways
in which many legal theorists have effectively situated "cyberspace" as
a Foucauldian heterotopia.  I am in the process of revising the paper
now, prior to submitting it for publication.  I expect to be finished in
early Jan., after which I would be happy to share it.

Julie

Katherine Mancuso wrote:

>One of my colleagues would like to know if anyone is working on the
>internet as a Foucauldian heterotopia.  Please address your responses
>to Jere Tesser jtesser at emory.edu.

Julie E. Cohen
Professor of Law
Georgetown University Law Center