[Air-l] Making gender complicated on Friendster

Paula pmg at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 06:37:15 PST 2005

Kinda interesting - I'm often accused of "making gender complicated" in
FLOSS circles whenever I challenge the biological women-have-crap-brains
thesis as an explanation for everything. As though gender was sitting
there innocently transparent until I came along.

Clearly, the gods and wizards have difficulty imagining a non-binary
model of gender - but  i'm quite happy to have a gender option which
"doesn't compile" - yep, it's complicated, and I'd prefer that on a
dropdown to the ever-increasingly tongue-twisting
les-gay-bi-trans-blah-blah stuff?

Paula