[Air-l] Wikipedia warning -- Wikipedia is not a reliable information source

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Sun Dec 4 11:45:38 PST 2005

Hi Ken,
so, like any single source, wikipedia is not entirely reliable in
every single entry.
Writing

At 20:24 Uhr +0100 4.12.2005, Ken Friedman wrote:

>for ALL facts, something like 40% of my students use only one
>source for most facts, and that source is increasingly Wikipedia.

you may notice that just by the content of what you write here it is
easy to derive that this is not a conglomerate of factual statements
to be trusted ;-) Same heuristic works on wikipedia.

How many citations of wikipedia entries have your students really
handed in to you that were
a) not backed up by another source, and
b) found to be inaccurate?

Please, provide us with those figures!