P2P will survive... and RE: [Air-l] Bebo warning

Homero Gil de Zuniga hgildezuniga at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 14 15:18:37 PST 2005

Hi Derek and all,
Two quick things, the first one is related to your last email and secondly,
I would like to rise a question for those of you who are interested in the
P2P topic.

1. Unbelievable!! I just went through it as a curiosity making up my name
and personal data and I reached the point that they require my "fictitious"
email password for the email I gave them in order for them to inform me
about my friends using Bebo from my email addresses:
"Enter your Hotmail details below and we'll show you who's already using
Bebo from your Hotmail Address Book"

Sounds pretty suspicious to me...

I tried to file the web site with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center but
the page seemed to be down so... I'll try later. I hope it works...

2. Talking about different issue, the other day I came across to a
surprising empirical research
(http://www.firstmonday.org/issues/issue10_1/kretschmer).  According to it,
authors (musicians) in UK and Germany are in fact BENEFITED from illegal
distributions since they become more famous and ultimately earn more money
from distinct sources, such as concerts, gigs, etc..
It seems that P2P file transfer will never stop then...
Any thoughts???
Cheers everybody,
HGZ

Homero Gil de Zuniga

www.geocities.com/homerogil
Journalism & Mass Communication Department
www.journalism.wisc.edu
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MADISON
USA
www.wisc.edu

     Office: (608) 263-7852

"It is nice to be important... but it is more important to be nice"