[Air-l] Wall Street Journal -- "digitally tone deaf"?

James Howison jhowison at syr.edu
Sun Feb 27 13:09:19 PST 2005

It is an interesting topic, on which there is some research.

Perhaps you have seen:
Steve Lawrence "Online or Invisible"  Nature, Volume 411, Number 6837,
p. 521, 2001.
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/online-nature01/

And I'm sure others will be able to point the full line of research on
this topic.  I'm told there has always been somewhat of a trade off
between visibility and prestige and what's advisable varies throughout
a career.

Cheers,
James