[Air-l] New Submission Restrictions

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 11 21:06:57 PST 2005

Someone emailed me saying they had caught this post. I had missed it.

While I understand the sentiment behind this new rule, dropping it on us this close to the conference deadline is problematic. It was not in the CFP or anywhere I could find on the conference website. The latter be an issue for those who are not on this list.

Previously, the rule has been one stand alone paper and participation in one panel as a solo author.

Abstracts have been written and panels have been organized. This throws a wrench into my plans and wastes time already spent on organizing people. I would think this would be the case for my of us.

What was the process on this last minute rule change?

At this late date, the manner in which this was presented, and the fact that this information is not on the conference website leads me to challenge the reasonableness of this decision.

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication
University of Washington