[Air-l] Overwhelming Response!

Ted M Coopman coopman at u.washington.edu
Sat Feb 12 14:47:09 PST 2005

Wow, I have posted more on this in the last two days than in the last two years!

My request for panel participants has resulted in an overwhelming response. The topics and backgrounds of those who have emailed me are as varied as they are interesting.

However, this creates a problem since 14 people seems a tad on the high side for a panel!

Therefore, I have a question. Is it possible/practical to have a mega-panel or should we break in up into two panels (part 1 and part 2)? I have seen this done at other conferences but didn't know how it was engineered (either by the PP or the submitters). I didn't want one panel to get rejected just because another one on the same topic is seen as redundant.

Obviously, there would be no overlap on participants. I really want to facilitate folks being able to attend. So, I'm at a loss for what to do.

Any suggestions on handling this excess of enthusiasm would be appreciated.

-TED

Ted M. Coopman
Department of Communication
University of Washington