[Air-l] Re: Studies on email use and collaboration

Uwe Matzat matzat at onlinehome.de
Thu Jan 20 04:23:54 PST 2005

On 19 Jan 2005 at 9:38, air-l-aoir.org-request at listserv.aoir.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:37:23 -0500
> From: "Karim R. Lakhani" <lakhani at MIT.EDU>
> Subject: [Air-l] Studies on email use and collaboration
> To: air-l <air-l at aoir.org>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if people can point me to articles and studies on
> email use and collaboration - are there any studies that show how
> collaboration occurs via email?  Also any studies that look at how
> many recipients per message?
>
> TIA

> --
> Karim R. Lakhani
> MIT Sloan | The Boston Consulting Group
> Mobile: +1 (617) 851-1224
> http://spoudaiospaizen.net
> http://web.mit.edu/lakhani/www | http://opensource.mit.edu

researchers, especially whether and how it enables them to make new contacts (weak
contacts, exchange of papers, collaboration contacts):

Matzat U. (2004). "Academic Communication and Internet Discussion Groups: Transfer
of Information or Creation of Social Contacts?" in: Social Networks, 26, 3: 221-255.

You can find a pre-print on my website.

Regards,
Uwe Matzat

=======================================