[Air-l] Web font sizes

Robert Luke robert.luke at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 28 06:13:28 PST 2005

I think this (using small font sizes) is really a design choice.  Web
design done properly (according to W3C WAI guidelines:
http://w3.org/TR/WCAG10/) will ensure that there are no issues with
deprecated font sizes (which render it difficult for users to control
size themselves, important for those with any kind of visual
impairment).   Often designers want things to look good - using small,
gray font, for example - that may make it difficult for people to read.
I often ask my designers to think about whether their grandparents will
be able to read small text used on their pages.  If CSS is used then
there shouldn't be any accessibility issues.

Robert