[Air-l] Aoir Submissions -- content recommendations

Sheizaf Rafaeli sheizaf at rafaeli.net
Wed Jan 19 22:16:32 PST 2005

Adding to Caroline's very useful recommendations, I would suggest that
conference abstract submissions (such as the 750 word case here) include
some mention of the literature used in this project. It is a lot easier to
situate a proposal/abstract if a few familiar names are "dropped". If you
state your theoretical orientation (or straw man), and indicate important
sources with whom your work does dialog, it helps reviewers interpret other
keywords, methodological terms and so forth.

For instance, When you say "survey", do you mean positivist (Popper),
geographical (USGS), gastronomical (Zagat), classificationist (Darwin),
etc.? When you say "genre", is this Orlikowski or Derrida?

Prof. Sheizaf Rafaeli
Center for the Study of the Information Society
and the Graduate School of Business
University of Haifa.       Tel +972-4-8249578
sheizaf at rafaeli.net    http://sheizaf.rafaeli.net
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.