[Air-l] semi-annual request for teaching sites

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Thu Jan 13 10:24:40 PST 2005

I am preparing my syllabus for an upper level undergraduate class
titled Communication and the Internet and am seeking relatively
current recommendations for online readings on each of the following
topics:

race. class and/or ethnicity (how are different peoples using the
net? diverse attitudes toward/experiences of the net? presumed
whiteness of the net? etc)

hate online (I will show the HBO documentary hate.com and would like
to follow up with any readings that help students understand the
phenomenon. Something post 9/11 would be particularly nice).

Thanks in advance for recommendations, if you email me offlist I will
post a summary to the list.

Nancy

--
Nancy Baym 	http://www.ku.edu/home/nbaym
Communication Studies, University of Kansas