[Air-l] Current demographics of online journalists

Shayla Thiel sthiel1 at depaul.edu
Sat Jan 15 14:54:58 PST 2005

Hello. I've exhausted all my scholarly and professional resources
searching for this one over the past month or two, but perhaps someone
on this list can help me.

I am attempting to find current numbers of people working specifically
in online newsrooms (the "traditional" kind that have offline
counterparts, though if Salon were included, I'd take it) and how they
are divided by gender and race. I have checked with all the usual
suspects -- ONA, ASNE, Pew, API, AOIR archives, Weaver/Wilhoit/Voakes
studies, comm abstracts and mass comm. scholarly journals, human
resource directors...). If anyone has this information or a link to a
good recent study that contains it, would you please email it to me at
sthiel1 at depaul.edu?

Thanks in advance,
Shayla Thiel

Shayla Thiel, Ph.D.