[Air-l] E-Learning: Special Edition - Digital Literacies

Angela Thomas a.thomas at edfac.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jan 26 19:14:36 PST 2005

Dear All,

A shameless bit of self-promotion as my article, 'Digital Literacies of the
Cybergirl' (about cybergirls / cyberfeminism / identity construction, etc!)
is in this edition of the journal, e-Learning.  The journal is freely
accessible online.

Kind Regards,
Angela

We are pleased to announce that the third issue of E-LEARNING (ISSN
1741-8887) is available now at www.wwwords.co.uk/ELEA

We hope you will enjoy this issue, whose contents are displayed below. We
will continue to keep registered subscribers informed of all news about
the journal and, of course, tell you as soon as each issue becomes
available.

Campus-wide access by institutional Libraries is only available by paid
subscription. However, for the moment access is entirely FREE to
individuals who register their details (email address, name, country) at
www.wwwords.co.uk/subscribeELEA.asp

PLEASE ASK YOUR LIBRARY TO SUBSCRIBE! Your Library can obtain subscription
information from the major subscription agents. Access control is by IP
address range: further details can be found at
www.triangle.co.uk/prices.htm or by contacting

E-LEARNING (ISSN 1741-8887)
Volume 1, Number 3, 2004 www.wwwords.co.uk/ELEA

Editorial, pages 336-340
Guy Merchant. Imagine All that Stuff Really Happening: narrative and
identity in children’s on-screen writing, pages 341-356
Angela Thomas. Digital Literacies of the Cybergirl, pages 358-382
Neil Anderson & Michael Henderson. e-PD: blended models of sustaining
teacher professional development in digital literacies, pages 383-394
Sonia Livingstone & Magdalena Bober. Taking up Online Opportunities?
Children’s Uses of the Internet for Education, Communication and
Participation, pages 395-419
Kevin Leander & Barbara Duncan. Community Construction in the Virtual:
reconceptualizing joint action, pages 420-436
BOOK REVIEW
Literacy in the New Media Age (Gunther Kress), reviewed by Catherine Kell,
pages 437-445

For all editorial matters, including articles offered for publication,
please contact Professor Michael A. Peters (m.peters at educ.gla.ac.uk).

We encourage you to forward this announcement to your colleagues. If you
have not already registered you can do so online at
www.wwwords.co.uk/subscribeELEA.asp ­ you will then receive future
announcements such as this one. The same form can be used to stop these
announcements, or to change the address to which they are sent.

In the event of problems concerning subscription, or difficulty in gaining
access to the journal articles on the website, please contact the
publishers at support at symposium-journals.co.uk

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
SYMPOSIUM JOURNALS
PO Box 204, Didcot, Oxford OX11 9ZQ, United Kingdom
Check out www.symposium-journals.co.uk for the contents
of our journals, with abstracts and full texts of all articles,
instructions for contributors, together with complete
editorial, bibliographical and subscription information.

A division of wwwords Ltd  - www.wwwords.co.uk

Angela Thomas, PhD
Lecturer in English Education,
Faculty of Education and Social Work
University of Sydney
Phone: +61 2 9351 6229,  Fax: +61 2 9351 2606

"Ceci n'est pas une .signature"